Monday, 4 January 2010

Hmmm

So today has been a funny old day. I have basically been battling with my Macbook, which annoying has some pins getting stuck on the magsafe charger. It took a while for em to figure this out, and I spent a good portion of the day getting upset that I would be sans laptop until we took it to somewhere to get looked at. I think I have a grasp on it for now, but eventually I will need to fork out for a new charger. Luckily I can get one on Ebay for about $20.

BUT MY REAL NIGGLE RIGHT NOW is the lack of sewing machine in the house, since I broke/did something to my mother in laws machine. I feel bad because it wasn't mine, and then right now I really want to get my fucking quilt finished, so I can start another one. Everything I read and followed up about online etc (which isn't much as the machine is atleast 14 years old) implies that it'll need a service, and really, a machine that old... is it worth paying for it to be serviced? I think we should just fork out a bit more and get a newer model, be it second hand or refurbished. Maybe I could go in halves with my mother in law. Anyway, in this case I need some recommendations for models/makes to go with. The one we had before wasn't anything fancy. I'll only use it for basic sewing projects and quilting, and my MIL will do the same too I think; altering curtains and clothing... that sort of a thing.

So, please make some suggestions pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I must get my bloody quilt finished pronto!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh yes--eBay is the place for the charger, no doubt. I have aMacbook too and would not be happy could I not use it! :(
Hmmm...about the sewing machine...I bought one from sears almost 10 years ago (not much of a seamstress) and it's a Singer. I hear Singers are the best..but not entirely sure...

Happy New Year! And, good luck with the Macbook and sewing machine!

It's just a Monday said...

I know servicing here in the UK can work out expensive, sometimes more than the cost of the machine so I'd go for a secondhand one.

If you know what you want, just check out the local ads. You never know, you might pick up a great bargain. Good luck!