Monday, 4 January 2010

4th January - Hello ladies and lads

Well another week is upon us. not much to report here. More snow shovelling, as we all slacked off over the weekend. Yours truly helped out as I am good girl. I will say that I know the weather in Vermont to be crappy, as Comcast seems to keep on activating the Emergency Test Broadcast thing every chuffin' minute. Now, I am not in Vermont. At all. But that is good to know. Especially since I know a grand total of NO ONE in that state.

This morning Addie and I went for a play date over the road, to meet the neighbours and their babies, who are just a little bit younger than Addie. Their kids are not yet walking, and they were a little bit frightened of the prospect of their passive children turning into Adelaide... who was storming round the ground level of the house, having been put somewhere new and with lots of things to look at. Of course, despite the property being completely baby-proofed, Adelaide made a beeline for some dangerous looking items. I swear to god that girl could find a dirty syringe in a room full of pillows and soft furnishings. She is a magnet for danger and destruction. Thankfully, she is a rather boisterous girl, and isn't phased when she nose dives off things, or bashes into stuff. Phew.

Today, Patrick went back to work, and I was left at home with Addie, and the rest of my in-laws. I love them dearly, but really, without Patrick in the house, I feel like a right spare part. It is funny to see them interact with each other, because at times becomes somewhat apparent that they may be slightly socially, well, lacking. The way they interact with each other and do things and approach situations completely baffles me. I feel like David Attenborough doing some documentary for BBC 1. I am sure they aren't that bad, I think it is more just a cultural thing really, because I am the minority here?

Not much else to report. Now over to Steve with the Sports.

1 comment:

Fawn and Flower said...

I swear to god that girl could find a dirty syringe in a room full of pillows and soft furnishings.

THAT! I KNOW! Priscilla too. My oldest daughter was never like that, she was so dainty and cautious. P though, she just plunges into the unknown. I don't know where she finds some of the things she has... I found a hammer in her toy chest! Like a builder's hammer!

The other day I turned my back for just a moment and she'd already climbed up an end table by pulling the drawers out and using them as steps, onto my sewing table, and by the time I caught on she was perched on top of the laptop keyboard with my SEAM RIPPER hanging out of her mouth. Mother of the year, right here!