Oh noes. I have succumbed to the dreaded cold finally. I feel rotten and also like inside of my face has turned into concrete. Gah. It is horrid. Finally took Addie to the doctors today, to get her on the books and stuff to get her up to date with her jabs. In the end I had to leave her red book with them, so they can figure out what immunisations she needs, because the schedules differ between the two countries. So hopefully they will get back to me next week as she is now behind on her UK shots. Other than the jabs, she wow'd everyone there! The nurses and the doctors and receptionists, loved her. She was so well behaved and they all said that the first check-up is always a bit of a loudy screamy appointment but not Addie! She was great. They finally weighed her and she weighs 27lb and change, which is 97 percentile and drum roll please.... for height..... at nearly 36" tall at nearly 15 months, she is well OVER 100 percentile. I think it would technically make her about 109 percentile. The doctor was asking all the normal questions, plotting her down and then suddenly saw the chart and went "Wow! She's big!" Hello. You were just looking at her, and you needed to see it on the computer to realise it?
I am not sure if there is much difference between the US and UK charts, probably minimal because both countries are developed western ones. And Patrick and I are both tall for our generation, and my parents are both tall for their generation, as is Patrick's dad. I do know that she will probably steady out now, as she has been for a while because all babies/toddlers development is moreso brain wise, rather than physical. The doctor forgot to ask about when Addie started walking etc, but was impressed with everything else. It is nice for me to hear other people say how great she is. I mean, I know she is great, but to hear someone completely impartial say so is pretty awesome, because really, the doctor must see so many other babies and kids every day, she musta seen it all!
Tomorrow evening I am going to post up my formspring questions, so PLEASE ASK ME SOME MORE!
I am not sure if there is much difference between the US and UK charts, probably minimal because both countries are developed western ones. And Patrick and I are both tall for our generation, and my parents are both tall for their generation, as is Patrick's dad. I do know that she will probably steady out now, as she has been for a while because all babies/toddlers development is moreso brain wise, rather than physical. The doctor forgot to ask about when Addie started walking etc, but was impressed with everything else. It is nice for me to hear other people say how great she is. I mean, I know she is great, but to hear someone completely impartial say so is pretty awesome, because really, the doctor must see so many other babies and kids every day, she musta seen it all!Tomorrow evening I am going to post up my formspring questions, so PLEASE ASK ME SOME MORE!








5 comments:
You're organised! I have no idea how tall or heavy Scarlett is, terrible really.
As for more formspring questions:
Who would be on your ultimate dinner party guest list?
How old were you when you realised Santa wasn't real?
What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Good, good the world needs as many tall women as it can get. You do realize that one day we'll be tall old ladies? This fascinates me.
I am sure Meeps has fallen off the bottom of the weight chart, she'd a friggen noodle! Haha.
Hope you feel better soon.
yay, she is gonna be a tall lady!
I did the little calculation thingy in the red book and Edie is going to be 5.10" apprently.
She is known as 'sturdy girl' to my friends due to her weight but the other day, I took her to get weighed and she is 'levelling out' now. On the chart anyway. Bless her. Haha
I hope your feeling a bit better.
Another question...
If anyone could play you in a movie, who would it be?
xxx
Amy oh my... thanks for more difficult questions ahhaha!
Charley, I can't wait to be a tall old lady. I'm going to trip kids on the bus!
Twwly: I think Addie will always be a giant, thanks to our massive genes...
Post a Comment