Friday, 22 January 2010

No more Debbie Downer

Enough of that.

3 comments:

Fawn and Flower said...

Aw did you delete that? I was in a meeting and was going to reply and now it is NOT FOUND, oh noes! I hope you're feeling better <3

Natalie said...

I got to read your other blog in my google reader, but when I came here obviously it's now gone.

I know you just said you don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I don't think anything you said was unreasonable - lots of little niggly things that you can't really do anything about. Those are the things that just build up and somehow it can help even to just type it all out of your system. Acknowledging it and then moving on, maybe? (Or acknowledging it and then getting more frustrated about the ridiculousness of it all, which is what I fucking do. SELF DESTRUCT!)

Anyway. I'm not really being helpful, sorry, just wanted to say that I totally feel ya.

Also, I know that just driving to target might seem pointless, but I often take Pearl to a large shop, or a garden centre. Don't know if there are any garden centres over near you though, so this could be even more unhelpful. (sorry again!) Garden centres are better because they have loads of different plants to look at, and usually have fish and pets over here too. It's a free way to spend an afternoon, and it becomes fun when you haven't got the pressure of trying to specifically buy stuff yourself. I just let her wander round, talk to her about all the different things. Let her explore things at her own pace, which can take ages and she rarely gets to do in any shops. This afternoon she was really happy to wander round M&S with me, she felt all the soft jumpers, tried on some men's shoes, pointed out all the characters on the pyjamas, threw a whole rack of knickers on the floor, played peekaboo in the coats etc etc. I'm sure the staff think I'm crazy, but hey it's free stuff to do with my child!

Anyway anyway again, this is all long and prob useless, but it's from my tired rambly heart!xxx

Sam said...

awww missed a rant!? Damn me and not being home for 2 days! *hugs* x