So basically I am a little late in updating but here is how my Saturday with Patrick sans Adelaide went:
Got up and dressed and when Addie was napping around 1ish we head over to Indian Palace. Weirdly Patrick drove past it once and I thought that was a little strange. He said "Oops! We should have pulled in there" so we did a U-turn and parked. Looking back, I know now that he was scanning to see who was there. We pulled up and went in and went into the buffet room and it was full of our friends! Nate, Sharon and Tim (and Maya), Jake, Mark and Adam and Kristina were there. Patrick said afterwards that he was a bit disappointed that no one said SURPRISE! But whatever, it was great. We ate lots of Indian food, and I played it safe with mostly rice and naan and some some masala (because I am only human) whilst everyone gorged their faces. Kristina gave me a $50 coupon to Jess's salon so I can finally get my swish new hair cut that I've been wanting! Hoorah! And Sharon and Tim gave me $40, which was awesome also. I wasn't expecting anything from anyone so it was so nice.
Once we had eaten, we (bar Sharon and Tim and Maya) went off somewhere else! Another surprise! We drove up to Shabby Chic... for desert! Gourmet cupcakes. They were lovely, but I couldn't finish mine because of my stomach, so Patrick did for me. I had chocolate swirl and vanilla. Patrick had vanilla and raspberry. There was a kids decorating party going on when we were there, and there were some horrid looking Mass mothers there... one of which looked like Liono from Thundercats with a little bit of The Beast from the Beauty and the Beast old TV show. Frightening.
After that, Eric and Erin came to meet us. We decided to go bowling. We had a game at the Merrimack bowling alley. I managed to get 2 strikes, which was mad, because I am terrible at bowling. After that, we played air hockey and video games and then decided to head into Manchester. We went and had some pub food and drinks (except Patrick and I were on ginger ale and everyone was feeling full from Indian food) and Jess and Darren, Amanda and Jed and Bonny joined us. We also bumped into Shelly which was awesome. We all made a lot of noise and talked very loudly. Eventually we decided to head off somewhere else in search of karioke. We found karioke and eventually I decided to get up and sing. I sung a very animated version of Waterloo by ABBA, with a little dance routine included. Shelly and Kristina came and helped with the dancing too. Not to be beaten, Adam did You Gotta Fight For Your Right by The Beastie Boys (WHICH WAS AMAZING) and Amanda sang a song but I cannot think for the life of me what it was. Bonny wanted to sing but wouldn't do it on her own. And I think she got annoyed that no one else would. I kept telling her to fly solo but she wouldn't do it. She had no excuse though, because she had actually been drinking unlike me haha!
After that we decided to leave, about midnight ish. Everyone was tired and full of food. So much fun had by everyone. It was nice to have the old group together, even though I didn't know them all in the old days, I felt very much welcome in my own right, not just as Patrick's wife. Apparently I have quite the set of pipes on me. Heaven forbid my friends hear me sing in public whilst I am drunk.
I have lots of pictures, mostly of cake, but I think my camera is in Patrick's car and its wet outside and I think wolves are after me, so I won't go out there and get it just yet. But you have been warned.
In other news, I got 2 calls about my resume/CV. One was from some shoddy recruiter offering a sales job. If they had bothered to look at my resume they would have seen that I have no sales experience nor do I want to sell anything ever. The other one is from a job I applied to, via an agency in Burlington but we keep playing phone tag and missing each other when we call.
More news on my stomach: phoned up about my endoscopy today... the first appointment they could get me is May 25th. I think I might have wasted away and died by then. So I called my doctors office and told them they need to shunt it up a bit. That sounds a bit demanding but really, the endoscopy people told me that if I needed to be seen sooner they'd have to speak with my doctor themselves. Whatever. Such a fucking palaver. Also, they were dicking me about because my insurance is in my maiden name. I phoned them and asked them to put it into my married name but they said they couldn't do it because that authorization had to come from Patrick's employer, who set up the plan. I get that it was initially in my maiden name because they needed to see my ID and our marriage certificate, but really, common sense [insert name of Patrick's employer here] I didn't have any other ID until this month and now when I need my medical insurance the most they are cherry picking what referrals and prescriptions to act on when it suits them because of my name. I knew I had to change it but can you really not put a note onto your system to highlight that I got married and changed my name and figure it out amongst yourselves? No, obviously not. Oh! And then when we got back from errands today, who did we get a letter from? The insurance company saying that they had changed our primary health-care provider again. Why! We didn't ask you too! You did it yourselves! We just corrected you doing that at the start of the month, and now you've shunted it back again. So stupid. I keep saying it, but the NHS has its faults but shit like this wouldn't happen that is for sure (well I'd probably be waiting that long for an endoscopy actually).
Got up and dressed and when Addie was napping around 1ish we head over to Indian Palace. Weirdly Patrick drove past it once and I thought that was a little strange. He said "Oops! We should have pulled in there" so we did a U-turn and parked. Looking back, I know now that he was scanning to see who was there. We pulled up and went in and went into the buffet room and it was full of our friends! Nate, Sharon and Tim (and Maya), Jake, Mark and Adam and Kristina were there. Patrick said afterwards that he was a bit disappointed that no one said SURPRISE! But whatever, it was great. We ate lots of Indian food, and I played it safe with mostly rice and naan and some some masala (because I am only human) whilst everyone gorged their faces. Kristina gave me a $50 coupon to Jess's salon so I can finally get my swish new hair cut that I've been wanting! Hoorah! And Sharon and Tim gave me $40, which was awesome also. I wasn't expecting anything from anyone so it was so nice.
Once we had eaten, we (bar Sharon and Tim and Maya) went off somewhere else! Another surprise! We drove up to Shabby Chic... for desert! Gourmet cupcakes. They were lovely, but I couldn't finish mine because of my stomach, so Patrick did for me. I had chocolate swirl and vanilla. Patrick had vanilla and raspberry. There was a kids decorating party going on when we were there, and there were some horrid looking Mass mothers there... one of which looked like Liono from Thundercats with a little bit of The Beast from the Beauty and the Beast old TV show. Frightening.
After that, Eric and Erin came to meet us. We decided to go bowling. We had a game at the Merrimack bowling alley. I managed to get 2 strikes, which was mad, because I am terrible at bowling. After that, we played air hockey and video games and then decided to head into Manchester. We went and had some pub food and drinks (except Patrick and I were on ginger ale and everyone was feeling full from Indian food) and Jess and Darren, Amanda and Jed and Bonny joined us. We also bumped into Shelly which was awesome. We all made a lot of noise and talked very loudly. Eventually we decided to head off somewhere else in search of karioke. We found karioke and eventually I decided to get up and sing. I sung a very animated version of Waterloo by ABBA, with a little dance routine included. Shelly and Kristina came and helped with the dancing too. Not to be beaten, Adam did You Gotta Fight For Your Right by The Beastie Boys (WHICH WAS AMAZING) and Amanda sang a song but I cannot think for the life of me what it was. Bonny wanted to sing but wouldn't do it on her own. And I think she got annoyed that no one else would. I kept telling her to fly solo but she wouldn't do it. She had no excuse though, because she had actually been drinking unlike me haha!
After that we decided to leave, about midnight ish. Everyone was tired and full of food. So much fun had by everyone. It was nice to have the old group together, even though I didn't know them all in the old days, I felt very much welcome in my own right, not just as Patrick's wife. Apparently I have quite the set of pipes on me. Heaven forbid my friends hear me sing in public whilst I am drunk.
I have lots of pictures, mostly of cake, but I think my camera is in Patrick's car and its wet outside and I think wolves are after me, so I won't go out there and get it just yet. But you have been warned.
In other news, I got 2 calls about my resume/CV. One was from some shoddy recruiter offering a sales job. If they had bothered to look at my resume they would have seen that I have no sales experience nor do I want to sell anything ever. The other one is from a job I applied to, via an agency in Burlington but we keep playing phone tag and missing each other when we call.
More news on my stomach: phoned up about my endoscopy today... the first appointment they could get me is May 25th. I think I might have wasted away and died by then. So I called my doctors office and told them they need to shunt it up a bit. That sounds a bit demanding but really, the endoscopy people told me that if I needed to be seen sooner they'd have to speak with my doctor themselves. Whatever. Such a fucking palaver. Also, they were dicking me about because my insurance is in my maiden name. I phoned them and asked them to put it into my married name but they said they couldn't do it because that authorization had to come from Patrick's employer, who set up the plan. I get that it was initially in my maiden name because they needed to see my ID and our marriage certificate, but really, common sense [insert name of Patrick's employer here] I didn't have any other ID until this month and now when I need my medical insurance the most they are cherry picking what referrals and prescriptions to act on when it suits them because of my name. I knew I had to change it but can you really not put a note onto your system to highlight that I got married and changed my name and figure it out amongst yourselves? No, obviously not. Oh! And then when we got back from errands today, who did we get a letter from? The insurance company saying that they had changed our primary health-care provider again. Why! We didn't ask you too! You did it yourselves! We just corrected you doing that at the start of the month, and now you've shunted it back again. So stupid. I keep saying it, but the NHS has its faults but shit like this wouldn't happen that is for sure (well I'd probably be waiting that long for an endoscopy actually).








3 comments:
OHHHH! What an amazing birthday celebration! Sounds like my ideal bday too.
That whole insurance/healthcare thing sounds like a total minefield, I am very grateful for the NHS. Although you are prob right about the waiting lists.
That's totally awesome. I want to go to Kareoke but I have lame friends!
Also, big up the NHS and the waiting lists aren't that bad if you cry a little at them!
I can't believe you remember Beauty and the Beast. That show was SUCH total shit, and I reference it all the time but nobody ever knows what I'm talking about! Wasn't that Linda Hamilton?? What a joke, haha.
I'm glad you had such a nice night, and have such a fantastic husband who will give you sweet surprises :) What kind of haircut are you thinking of?
And Amylena- I hope your friends don't read this blog, haha.
Post a Comment