Friday, 9 April 2010

Back from the hospital!

I had my endoscopy today! Nothing bad, they could see that my ulcer is healing now I have my super duper tablets but they took a biopsy just to check it. Overall it was a very pleasant experience because I was so tired from another long night with Adelaide, I was falling asleep before the anesthetist had put anything in me. I had to fall asleep (in a gown) with a thing in my mouth to they could get the camera on a wire down my belly. I don't remember falling asleep nor do I remember any of the procedure. The stuff they knocked me out was that quick acting stuff that I needed to be topped off with, but once they stop, you wake up quick. Which I did. I was given a little can of ginger ale when I came too, which was nice and helped bring up and wind from when they filled me with air. Everyone was very nice and the Dr doing the procedure had very awesome old glassses. Remembered to take off those heart monitor beep beep things from my chest (I had 3 of them! Excessive!) and the drip thing in my arm.

Came home and did a lot of sleeping.

Just wanted to check in.

4 comments:

Fawn and Flower said...

I'm so glad it went well! How are you feeling now? And holy cow girl, how scary was it falling asleep with something in your mouth?! I would freak out! Ugh, SO glad that part is over with too! When will you hear back?

Sam said...

glad you're getting better :)

ick I cant imagine having stuff down into my belly - eeee I'd cry!

x

Natalie said...

That's good news about it getting better - hope the biopsy comes back all clear. The ginger ale thing is kinda cute, like an old fashioned remedy in the midst of a super medical procedure. Hope you're feeling ok xx

Rebecca ann. said...

hope your good pet, glad your ulcer is getting better too. rest lots please xxx