Thursday, 15 April 2010

Wednesday

Well my lovely friend Coralene wrote a list of current blog peeves, and I have to say I am agreeing with all of them. I'm not linking to her blog directly because that would be pretty ironic cos its in her list (although I don't link to her all the time you get my drift) and she has her own link down in my "blogs I read thing". It got me thinking to things I don't like at the moment. So, without further adooooo here is my list:

  • People who refer to Wednesday as HUMP DAY. Seriously it makes you sound like some kind of special needs office clown. I also hate UrbanDictionary.com, but it has it listed in there as "The middle of a work week (Wednesday); used in the context of climbing a proverbial hill to get through a tough week" Oh life is hard! Boo hoo, and now its half way I can ride the glory train all the way to Friday afternoon at 5pm! Grow up and get a spine or a new job if thats your problem.
  • Blog arse kissers.
  • In-laws. Seriously. I don't know anyone that LIKES theirs. They ain't blood relatives which you are tied to regardless (for the most part) and you don't understand or tolerate their little nuances because, well, they are insane or can't keep out of your business. They are worse than some terrible emotional baggage that your partner brings along, because atleast baggage can be somewhat remedied by therapy. And then they do something nice and you feel awash with guilt for wanting to run them over 90% of the time. Also, what is their fascination with doing stuff with you (no not sexually you pervert) ?? Mine keeps wanting to hang out with me and Patrick's friends. Get your own friends! You have your own friends! No I don't want to go on a holiday with you (hypothetically) because I spend all the time with you! It would not be a holiday if we all went somewhere together! You drive me nuts!
  • People that don't understand what I am saying. I am ENGLISH. I don't even have a crazy Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Cornish, West Country etc accent. Listen up Americans, we speak the same language (sort of) and spell a good portion of our words the same. I don't speak lighting fast like Rosie Perez does in ALL of her film roles (not including Click the Camera in 'Go Diego Go!' so WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? WHY DO I NEED TO SAY THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN? Whats that? NO I AM NOT FROM AUSTRALIA! Maybe if I started talking like Mary fucking Poppins or Hugh Grant we'd not have this problem.
  • The DMV of NH. I can drive! I've been driving for over 15 years (if I did the maths right) and I think its pretty retarded that I have to do it all again, at the other end of the State. I'll show you DMV. I'll pass that test and smack you in the face with it.
This is all for now. I ate too many cupcakes and feel a bit gassy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

in-laws +1

Fawn and Flower said...

I would also like to add "the misuse of the word 'literally'" to the list.

COULD NOT AGREE MORE with the hump day one though. It makes me want to stab my ears out when I hear it. Have you noticed, too, that the types of people who say it, ALWAYS say it as though they just heard it for the first time and they're the most hilarious words ever spoken?? Ahh!