Thursday, 22 April 2010

Oh Lindt, AKA death by chocolate

I'm getting so slack at posting on here. But the truth of the matter is, I don't have much to report!

Just when I thought my ulcer was getting better, I had a Lindt thing today. Maybe three actually but don't tell my husband. They were delicious. These are them:



I had the caramel ones. THEY WERE AMAZING. However, now, however many hours later I am dying. Actually not dying for real, but my ulcer that I thought was going away nicely has decided that I am not yet ready for death by chocolate anymore, so am now dying by chocolate. I know, I know, what was I thinking? But you don't when you have your period. There I said it. Yes I am menstruating and it means I want to eat everything wrong for me. *I* don't even want it, my uterus does. No one believes me when I say it becomes like Audrey 2 in Little Shop of Horrors... FEED MEEEEEEE. The only difference is that I haven't killed anyone just yet to satisfy it's hunger. My ever sympathetic husband just went "what did you eat" when I told him my stomach hurt. I said ONE Lindt thing, and without even thinking about it he went "its very rich" and didn't even look at me. Pah.

He actually is sympathetic really, I'm just being silly. He is trying to diet at the moment. His idea of dieting is very different from mine, and I can't do it like he does. Mr Will Power likes to pretty much drop everything but I just can't do that. I fully admit I have no will power and my diet is so limited at the best of times I just get bored. And food is my one true vice. Sometimes I almost wish I had a narcotics problem or smoked 40 a day, because it almost seems like that is more acceptable than wanting to fill your face all the time. Not that I CAN anymore since the ulcer moved in, and thankfully I've lost a bunch of weight, but really, being a food addict is torture. Everywhere you go people eat. Not only is it socially acceptable, but its vital for your survival! No one likes smoking anymore, let alone crack etc. You don't see people going out as a family for crack do you? Nor do you see people walking around the mall with a needle in your arm and smoking 50 cigarettes before you have gotten to the other end. No, but you do see a ton of junk food places. And you certainly don't have booze on sale by the cashier at the supermarket like you do candy. My main vice is cake, and although I still (when possible) have a killer sweet tooth and like to indulge when I can, and in the grand scheme of things I am MUCH better than I used to be. My oldest friends will attest to this.

But it feels like that still isn't good enough apparently. But it isn't like I moan like I used to about being fat and wah wah wah. I don't care anymore, I'm actually happy with myself so where is the problem. I know my faults and my limitations and I know that I can't eat like I used to without going to the gym to keep the weight off, or to shift it entirely. And I know that when I am able to get to the gym again more regularly things will start moving again. I'm totally over it.

So I read a few blogs and one of them does this rant and raves thing, and I think I am going to partake. Basically, its a reflective look on the week. This time I think mine is mostly rants. I hope that is allowed?

RANT: My sister in law. Enough said. My ulcer is aggravated enough as it is. But rest assured this is a big rant point.

RAVE: I had a job interview on Monday! I haven't mentioned it too much as I think I would really like to get the job and don't want to jinx it.

RANT: Ulcer generally.

RAVE: Did some driving! Finally getting a little bit of practice and building up my confidence.

RANT: I have no more Wispas left.

RAVE: I met some of Patrick's work friends. I was really nervous at first, as it was at his friends birthday party, and although I knew the birthday boy, I didn't initially know anyone else but Patrick. Then on Monday, Patrick's friends all said how they thought I was awesome!

RANT: Generally living with my inlaws

RAVE: Patrick managed to score us a WHOLE SET of Yo Gabba Gabba Kidrobot figures for $200. Which is a SCORE as they are easily worth $500 for the whole set.

RANT: Already knowing in advance that I am going to be up all night with stomach pain.

Not much else to report. I keep thinking of lots of rants, but I don't want to go into it all now and look like a right miserable cow!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

LINDT MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Fawn and Flower said...

Caramel Lindts? Whaaaa? Those sound heavenly. I love your white lie about them too :)

I totally know what you mean about the feed-me-Seymore'ing during our special time. Haha, special time. Anyways. I'm the same way; I eat things that normally I wouldn't even think twice about. Most of the time I'm at least KIND OF healthy, but for four days a month, all I want is stuffed crust pepperoni pizza, Whoppers, and root beer. Makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it.

Also makes me a little hungry.