It was 97 degrees today. I was dying it was so hot. I am a pasty Brit. I am not used to this kind of weather. I did not adjust well as you can imagine. Went out with my Dad today, to the mall and hid there because it was warm. Finally got a swimming cossie, but it was left overs so I have separates (a bikini and a tank vest) and none of them match whatsoever. But I do I have a nice sort of boob tube maxi dress thing I got from Target in the sale. dad bought me the dress as a treat (which was weird because I am 30) and got Addie some cute bits.
No word about the job yet.
I passed my driving test last week. I can't remember if I told you all that yet, but yes I did last Wednesday. Yesterday I had a temporary crown fitted and I am $700 lighter for the privilege. Which is a travesty, but there you go.
Now Patrick and I are listening to music, namely the new Pendulum album, called Immersion, which sounds like it was written whilst Pendulum were watching DVDs or something. I swear it started with "Genesis" (dunno if that is track one, my iTunes is a bit shite at track numbering and importing things properly) and it sounded like they wrote it hoping for it to be used on a Harry Potter or Twilight movie... and Encoder sounded like it was going to be used on a a video game for, say, Karate Kid 7.
In other music news, I have decided that I like the band The XX. But, I don't like their stuff that they write and release themselves. Example: Their songs "Crystalised" and "VCR" are a bit lame and boring. BUT the remixes are AMAZING, see exhibit A below.
Awesome remix:
Lame original:
If you really want an awesome track to listen to:
See... not their original song. Because that is kinda okay, but the remix makes its so that you don't like the original any more.
Not much else to report. Thunder storms now have passed. Thunder storms make me a bit weird. I think they make everyone a bit mad, but well, its a full moon here tonight, and I am mega horny. Soooo that all thrown together makes me want to rape my husband and then go on a killing spree. Is that bad?
No word about the job yet.
I passed my driving test last week. I can't remember if I told you all that yet, but yes I did last Wednesday. Yesterday I had a temporary crown fitted and I am $700 lighter for the privilege. Which is a travesty, but there you go.
Now Patrick and I are listening to music, namely the new Pendulum album, called Immersion, which sounds like it was written whilst Pendulum were watching DVDs or something. I swear it started with "Genesis" (dunno if that is track one, my iTunes is a bit shite at track numbering and importing things properly) and it sounded like they wrote it hoping for it to be used on a Harry Potter or Twilight movie... and Encoder sounded like it was going to be used on a a video game for, say, Karate Kid 7.
In other music news, I have decided that I like the band The XX. But, I don't like their stuff that they write and release themselves. Example: Their songs "Crystalised" and "VCR" are a bit lame and boring. BUT the remixes are AMAZING, see exhibit A below.
Awesome remix:
Lame original:
If you really want an awesome track to listen to:
See... not their original song. Because that is kinda okay, but the remix makes its so that you don't like the original any more.
Not much else to report. Thunder storms now have passed. Thunder storms make me a bit weird. I think they make everyone a bit mad, but well, its a full moon here tonight, and I am mega horny. Soooo that all thrown together makes me want to rape my husband and then go on a killing spree. Is that bad?








2 comments:
I listened to Crystalised just two days ago, thanks to you! I haven't heard anything else by them (remixes or no) though, will have to check them out.
I think you said...and I think I said well done!
But if not, then well done!
it was 31 degrees here the other day, i think half of britain died from heat and shock!x
Post a Comment