Soooooo today was a huge hassle and pain in the arse, but it is okay because my Dad is here! Hurrah!
So basically I was going to take my driving test today. First, Rusty and I got up late. And then it was pissing it down. We went up to Concord after much umming and ahhhing, and I went through the motions up there and standing in line for 30 mins, eye test etc. Got to the counter and no, my proof of address was not current enough. Great. Well technically it was Patrick's proof of address, with my marriage cert and photo ID and social security card. SO we drove all the way home to get some more. At this point Addie was in the car for at least 2 hours. Got the up to date stuff for Pat (as my spouse) and went back up to Concord. Ironically Rusty drove and did so like a maniac. Undertaking people, tailgating IN TORRENTIAL RAIN and going over the speed limit by at least 20mph. I had left my highway code thingie AT the DMV so that was the end of that for any last minute cramming. Got back up to Concord. Addie was spazzing a bit but I left her with Rusty... went and saw the same lady that helped me before and went and sat my written test. A bit jittery and strung out by the multiple trips up to Concord, I didn't pay attention and panicked and initially got a few questions wrong. But I told myself to suck it up/women up and get on with it. And I did and passed! They stop the test early as soon as you get 32 right (you can only get 8 answers wrong you see) so after that I went back to the desk and asked if I could take the road bit in Merrimack, because Addie still hadn't napped and it was after 2pm. I got out to the car and found that Rusty had kindly changed her and gave her a ton of snacks. We came home and Addie finally fell asleep in the car. So, road test tomorrow!! Eeeeeek. but really, there were some ZOMBIES at the DMV. I mean, so old, they were dead. I don't care if that this is ageist or whatever, but these people should not have been given a license. If they can have one, I should have like 5. One guy looked about 100. I've never seen so many old 'mobile' people in my life. The staff were shouting at them because they couldn't hear and one of them brought their son with them to help with the forms and this and that, PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY WERE BLIND AND ACTUALLY ZOMBIES.
I told Patrick about it afterwards while he was at work on IM when I got home. I had actually had a Dunkin' Donuts donut and was on a sugar high a bit, but we had a good laugh about. Notice how Patrick tries to have a proper conversation as I ramble on at him:
Alex: its only 20 minutes and its in merrimack and I saw some zombies in the DMV
Alex: and if zombies can get a driving license I sure as hell can
Patrick Wingnut: damn right
Alex: seriously though patrick ive never seen anyhting like it
Patrick Wingnut: well as soon as you do that test, we can get you insured on the jetta
Alex: they were one step in the grave!!
Patrick Wingnut: or maybe one step out of the grave!
Patrick Wingnut: ba-zing!
Alex: the women serving them had to shout and one guy was so arched over it was like he was a question mark
Patrick Wingnut: hahaha
Alex: I couldnt help but think REALLY?
Alex: you're supposed to react to an accident in like 3/4 of a second
Alex: I highly doubt they wouldnt react for a week if at all
Patrick Wingnut: yeah it's kinda messed up
Alex: I would be making them re take their tests every month after a certain age
Alex: i dont care if that is discriminatory or not
Alex: because frankly i am a discriminatist
Patrick Wingnut: oh! can you please take a look at adam and mollys wedding invite and see when we have to rsvp by?
Alex: Im going to write to FOX and pitch a show called The Discriminalist
Patrick Wingnut: hahaha
Alex: end of june if I remember correctly
Patrick Wingnut: i thought that was when the wedding is?
Alex: nope its in july I think
Alex: you are thinking of alisons rsvp
Alex: ill have a look as soon as I am done doing this
Alex: and the trailer will be me in court making statements going by stereotypes a bit like a Mentalist/Lie to Me type show
Patrick Wingnut: k
Alex: '' BLACK "
Patrick Wingnut: sounds like an awesome show
Alex: " probably a lesbian "
Alex: (whispering) "closet homosexual"
Alex: its like profiling
Patrick Wingnut: not just like it, it IS profiling
Alex: but more accurate I like to think
Alex: oh no the trailer is going to be this
Patrick Wingnut: the new deftones is pretty good
Alex: me: "if it looks like a duck" (show clip of me in court pointing at a black man and shouting BLACK) me: "and it talks like a duck" (show clip of me looking funny at a sandwich that a Mexican man just gave me) me: "then its a duck" (show clip of me looking at some obviously gay guys shouting OH COME ON!!!!!)
Alex: "The Discriminalist coming soon on FOX"
Also! My Dad arrived today. Patrick picked him up and I met them at the hotel. We got him situated at the hotel and then he treated us to dinner! Dad ate a huge bit of steak and Patrick and I had some chicken and veg (for me) and salad (for Patrick). Dad had a bottle of wine and is probably now as I type sleeping as in his head it is nearly 4am/5am and he was getting a bit punchy slurry jetlaggy and my Dad isn't a night owl anymore. So good to see him, not just because he bought me Bisto vegetable gravy granules and Cadbury chocolate. He also brought an awesome present for Patrick from Olie, this AMAZING Star Wars book which is pretty much amazing. He also brought a ton of old photos and some of my Mum's old jewellery. Most awesome. Tomorrow we will hang out and I'll take my test! Hurrah!
Sleep time now.
So basically I was going to take my driving test today. First, Rusty and I got up late. And then it was pissing it down. We went up to Concord after much umming and ahhhing, and I went through the motions up there and standing in line for 30 mins, eye test etc. Got to the counter and no, my proof of address was not current enough. Great. Well technically it was Patrick's proof of address, with my marriage cert and photo ID and social security card. SO we drove all the way home to get some more. At this point Addie was in the car for at least 2 hours. Got the up to date stuff for Pat (as my spouse) and went back up to Concord. Ironically Rusty drove and did so like a maniac. Undertaking people, tailgating IN TORRENTIAL RAIN and going over the speed limit by at least 20mph. I had left my highway code thingie AT the DMV so that was the end of that for any last minute cramming. Got back up to Concord. Addie was spazzing a bit but I left her with Rusty... went and saw the same lady that helped me before and went and sat my written test. A bit jittery and strung out by the multiple trips up to Concord, I didn't pay attention and panicked and initially got a few questions wrong. But I told myself to suck it up/women up and get on with it. And I did and passed! They stop the test early as soon as you get 32 right (you can only get 8 answers wrong you see) so after that I went back to the desk and asked if I could take the road bit in Merrimack, because Addie still hadn't napped and it was after 2pm. I got out to the car and found that Rusty had kindly changed her and gave her a ton of snacks. We came home and Addie finally fell asleep in the car. So, road test tomorrow!! Eeeeeek. but really, there were some ZOMBIES at the DMV. I mean, so old, they were dead. I don't care if that this is ageist or whatever, but these people should not have been given a license. If they can have one, I should have like 5. One guy looked about 100. I've never seen so many old 'mobile' people in my life. The staff were shouting at them because they couldn't hear and one of them brought their son with them to help with the forms and this and that, PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY WERE BLIND AND ACTUALLY ZOMBIES.
I told Patrick about it afterwards while he was at work on IM when I got home. I had actually had a Dunkin' Donuts donut and was on a sugar high a bit, but we had a good laugh about. Notice how Patrick tries to have a proper conversation as I ramble on at him:
Alex: its only 20 minutes and its in merrimack and I saw some zombies in the DMV
Alex: and if zombies can get a driving license I sure as hell can
Patrick Wingnut: damn right
Alex: seriously though patrick ive never seen anyhting like it
Patrick Wingnut: well as soon as you do that test, we can get you insured on the jetta
Alex: they were one step in the grave!!
Patrick Wingnut: or maybe one step out of the grave!
Patrick Wingnut: ba-zing!
Alex: the women serving them had to shout and one guy was so arched over it was like he was a question mark
Patrick Wingnut: hahaha
Alex: I couldnt help but think REALLY?
Alex: you're supposed to react to an accident in like 3/4 of a second
Alex: I highly doubt they wouldnt react for a week if at all
Patrick Wingnut: yeah it's kinda messed up
Alex: I would be making them re take their tests every month after a certain age
Alex: i dont care if that is discriminatory or not
Alex: because frankly i am a discriminatist
Patrick Wingnut: oh! can you please take a look at adam and mollys wedding invite and see when we have to rsvp by?
Alex: Im going to write to FOX and pitch a show called The Discriminalist
Patrick Wingnut: hahaha
Alex: end of june if I remember correctly
Patrick Wingnut: i thought that was when the wedding is?
Alex: nope its in july I think
Alex: you are thinking of alisons rsvp
Alex: ill have a look as soon as I am done doing this
Alex: and the trailer will be me in court making statements going by stereotypes a bit like a Mentalist/Lie to Me type show
Patrick Wingnut: k
Alex: '' BLACK "
Patrick Wingnut: sounds like an awesome show
Alex: " probably a lesbian "
Alex: (whispering) "closet homosexual"
Alex: its like profiling
Patrick Wingnut: not just like it, it IS profiling
Alex: but more accurate I like to think
Alex: oh no the trailer is going to be this
Patrick Wingnut: the new deftones is pretty good
Alex: me: "if it looks like a duck" (show clip of me in court pointing at a black man and shouting BLACK) me: "and it talks like a duck" (show clip of me looking funny at a sandwich that a Mexican man just gave me) me: "then its a duck" (show clip of me looking at some obviously gay guys shouting OH COME ON!!!!!)
Alex: "The Discriminalist coming soon on FOX"
Also! My Dad arrived today. Patrick picked him up and I met them at the hotel. We got him situated at the hotel and then he treated us to dinner! Dad ate a huge bit of steak and Patrick and I had some chicken and veg (for me) and salad (for Patrick). Dad had a bottle of wine and is probably now as I type sleeping as in his head it is nearly 4am/5am and he was getting a bit punchy slurry jetlaggy and my Dad isn't a night owl anymore. So good to see him, not just because he bought me Bisto vegetable gravy granules and Cadbury chocolate. He also brought an awesome present for Patrick from Olie, this AMAZING Star Wars book which is pretty much amazing. He also brought a ton of old photos and some of my Mum's old jewellery. Most awesome. Tomorrow we will hang out and I'll take my test! Hurrah!
Sleep time now.








2 comments:
I'd watch that show... The trailer alone sounds awesome.
Glad your dad arrived safely, let the fun times begin for you guys! Have fun!
And good luck with the test! x
Yay for Dad Eales! :D
Post a Comment