Thursday, 24 June 2010

New hair!

I went from this (but an inch longer as that is an old picture)


To this


You can't see cos the picture is terrible but its jet black underneath and sorta chocolate on the top, with some highlights. I also have a fringe/bangs! Still getting used to it, and my fringe is in shock and keeps trying to part like it would have normally but I am lead to believe that will settle down. I had planned to go lighter but really, I don't have much chance to get in for an appointment so I'll see how I cope with this before I go lighter on top. Initially I wanted it really contrasted, and had the fringe with a lighter layer over the top too. I'll see how I get on with it though. I hope my fringe grows a bit and settles down. Then I might go a bit redder. I definitely want the more contrasted fringe though. Poor thing is currently in shock.

Yes I am wearing both a STAR WARS and a WONDER WOMAN t-shirt in each picture.

I am super bummed out today because I had this meeting with a recruiter who was all gung hoe and had me pumped for this job they had which was miles away on the sea coast. Despite the prospect of a horrid commute I was up for it because it was like my OLD JOB in Jersey and the money was better. I got an email from them today saying that the company was passing on me because they had already offered the junior role to someone and that I didn't have enough experience for the senior role. Which I HAD SAID WHEN I WAS THERE I'm certain of. The junior role would have been perfect for me. But no. Instead they've asked if I am interested in something else, which might not suck at all, but its in the wrong direction to Patrick's work, so we'll need another car and if we move, which we are going to do so asap, and I don't know when we'll get one. The money isn't as good as I had hoped either. I know, I know, I can't afford to be fussy, but again, it goes back to me being onto such a good thing at my old place. I feel like I've taken a huge step backwards. I know I could take it and stay there a while and look for something else. I said I was interested but it is frustrating you know? I am so qualified and really good at what I did and have a good attitude to office admin but so far it hasn't seem to count for much at the moment.

3 comments:

Fawn and Flower said...

Don't get discouraged :( I'm sorry it's taking so long. Job-hunting is such a huge pain in the ass anyways, but I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel after waiting so long just to be able to legally apply! You should have started applying right when you moved here, then by the time you were legal you would have had a job :) Ha.

YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL. I love it! Take a picture outside so the color shows better, I want to see!

Sam said...

I like the hair :) and like the shirts even more! Nerdlove!

I like threatening to kick people, I may have to come kick all the employers in the US! Don't they know you need toys and tattoos!?x

Anonymous said...

your hair is lovely.

recruitment companies are the worst thing ever invented. I remember as a teenager going into the job centre & picking up cardboard information cards hung on the wall & they could actually give you information! now I feel like I'm in a maze of recruitment agencies who refer me to other recruitment agencies who forward my details to companies way out of my desired area for roles I'm not qualified to do.