Wednesday, 3 November 2010

2 years

So Adelaide was a ripe old 2 years old on Saturday! The time really flies. I can't believe how big she has gotten. I know all mums and dads say that, but for me at least it is true. The problem with time is that it really is relative. So whilst I am old, and time drags on a bit for me now because I have lived for XX amount of years and have a lot of points in time to refer to, for Adelaide it does not, so I am dragged through time hurtling at the speed of light watching this little ball of energy quadruple in size and develop at an alarm rate before my very eyes.

We had friends over this weekend, the lovely Colemans!

As usual I forgot to take any pictures, but OH MY GOODNESS Danielle, who has her own Etsy store WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL CHECK OUT because holy hell Danielle and her sister Nora, have the most amazing luck for finding things at Estate sales. They got the skills from their mum who has passed it on to them. The only problem is now they have so much fucking stuff it is unbelievable and I think Danielle had an agreement with her husband that if she was to get new stuff, she would have to forfeit some of the existing stuff because they are trying to move and space is at a premium. So Danielle's loss is your gain. And MINE because she brought me 2 boxes of the most amazing stuff as a gift, which I will post about tomorrow hopefully. But she knows I love random and nautical things so I got some awesome bits! And this AMAZING tray I have lusted after for ages. I also can't get over how cheap she lists things as well, it really is priced to sell, compared to some other people on Etsy. I am glad that my friends aren't ripe off merchants.

Anyway. Adelaide's birthday. We had plans to go to the zoo on the Saturday, but I was SO ill the night before... and everyone was a bit groggy and the girls refused to nap, so we didn't and honestly, the girls had so much just playing together as always. Instead we went into Boston and had a wander around the shops. So despite my stomach being a mess, we still had fun. We saw a weird dog fancy dress parade, which was bizarre... there was a chihuahua (it took me about 10 attempts to get that right, and I had to Google it to check it after all that) dressed as Rudolph pulling a sled and a santa and also some bigger dog dressed up as some weird kind of hall monitor nerd. It was odd. Danielle and I went into Urban Outfitters (I like the nik naks in there) and Pat and Jon ended up being roped into some street performance for about 20 minutes and Pat had to hold up this ladder hahah!

When we got home... we had a bunch of visitors! The inlaws, Adam and Kristina, Nate and Kim and they came bringing presents! Honestly, she made out like a bandit!! A giant tunnel, a ton of Duplo, clothes, boots, finger puppets, Yo Gabba Gabba Mega Blocks... you name it even 2 big Ugly Dolls Sam!

There was cake and cold cuts and sandwiches and dips. I didn't eat much as I was a bit poorly in the belly. There are pictures somewhere... as soon as I get them I will post some and bore you all with them don't worry.

Sunday the Coleman/Taylor clans went to some arty market down near China Town, which was okay, nothing special though. Again, the girls didn't nap but had fun dancing to some street performer music lady whilst we browsed stuff in farmers markets and looked a relish (gross). When we got home we got take out from the Friendly Toast in Cambridge. Awesome. Didn't see if it is as awesome inside as the Portsmouth one though... I had Eggs in a hole (like egg on toast but they take a hole out of the bread and do the egg in there whilst the bread grills!) which was yummy but as usual made me feel like shit afterwards. Stupid stomach.

After the food, the Colemans left. Boo. I am trying to convince them to move to the Boston area. We'll see how that goes... haha!

Stomach news: I finally picked my new meds. Basically the cost of them means that we aren't going to be doing ANY grocery shopping for like 2 weeks, if not more. Crazy. They gave me half a fill of one drug as my insurance wouldn't cover all of it, so I take one of them a day, rather than 2... and the new ones, are the size of horse tranquilizers and I have to take 4 of them a day, on an empty stomach at least an hour before I eat or 2-3 hours after food. Which, is proving to be hard, although I am only on day one of those. They are making me feel sick because I forgot to take one at 12 ish, so took that at 4pm so then had to take my next one at 7 as soon as I got in, but then messed up the time of my dinner, so although I had an empty stomach I was trying to eat some lightly roasted potatoes and was getting a wave of sickness with every bite. I managed about 4 though. They were delicious but that stomach 'waft' of nausea is horrible. And I still have another one to take at bed time, with my other once a day tablet. Bleurgh. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon.

I don't have much else to say. Here is a picture of Addie and her little friend Willa. Addie spent the day with her hair up and lots of bows and wore a bunch of different colours (under her jacket). She looked like a little Scandinavian model baby. And isn't Willa just adorable? There is 2 weeks between them. Addie is huge because Patrick and I are huge, and Jon and Danielle are normal sized people! Patrick and I owe a double jogger stroller and the girls were sitting in it holding hands and being silly. When they weren't doing that they were running up and down and screaming at the top of their voices driving us all mental. There were tears when the Colemans returned to Schenectady, poor loves. Oh! And they said that they saw some snow flurries. I know Albany NY is a bit out there and gets a lot of snow in the winter, but its barely November... no thanks to snow just yet. Brrr it is cold enough!





2 comments:

athina j said...

Awww happy birthday Addie!

Sam said...

awww happy bday addie! what uglydolls did she get? :)

can't wait to see what presents you got in those boxes!

hope your pills settle down nice soon x