Hi everyone! We made it! We had a very long shitty flight via/from Chicago and met my Dad at Heathrow! Very busy airport, not much going on asides from eating and eating and eating! Seen some family, met with some friends today, and have some more visits tomorrow! (Fleur!) And then for New Years too!
Then Patrick and I are going into London... just the two of us! Addie is going to Ria for the day! Such a nice offer of her... but I feel a bit guilty. I am excited to show him some sites and just be the two of us.
It has been great seeing my brother and Dad, although they both are driving me crazy a bit. Well, my brother left already, but you know the deal. Love my family, but they are just that. Family. And family equal headaches!
The layover in Chicago was 6 hours, and this wasn't so bad, they have a Children's Museum exhibition in one of the terminals, so Addie had fun running around that and playing for an hour or so. Other than that, she didn't nap, but was for the most part... most part... okay. She dozed off for about 40 minutes, as did Patrick. When we got to our gate, it was mobbed. Our flight was full of randoms and no one ever boards for the group they are SUPPOSED to... so we were last ones on even though there were 2 groups after us, so I had to wrestle my way on with our bags and the car seat, NO ONE helped and NO ONE moved. People were asked to check in their hand luggage because the earlier flight was cancelled and the overheads were full. The seats we had weren't bad themselves but the people around us were awful and as there was some delays getting on, with so many people and the luggage/hand luggage issue, we missed our slot to go and had to wait whilst the plane was de-iced... which meant they had to turn off the engines, whilst they sprayed the plane, so we all got very hot. Addie was in the middle of a 5 seated row, and warm and claustrophobic and then couldn't get to sleep for the majority of the flight and was miserable.
She is all kinds of out of synch though now, and on top of a nasty cold and cough, is pretty unpredictable but has been sleeping until 10am. Which is awesome for us.
I have eaten nothing but sausages and roast potatoes until tonight, where I ate fish and chips. MY skinny jeans are understandably somewhat tight right now. I do hope this isn't the sign of Seasonal Excess, and just some time of the month bloatings. Phew.
I am glad to be home. I miss my friends, I wish they lived closer.
Tuesday, 28 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
yay! glad you're in the motherland!
make sure you get lots of pics and exciting stories! :) x
Post a Comment