Saturday, 8 January 2011

Back to Boston with a bump!

Not literally with a baby bump, although I did eat a lot of food whilst we were away! Back in Boston now, have been for almost 5 days... things are returning back to normal finally. Addie, Pat and I are getting over our jet lag and we're all back to work. I took a day to "work from home" and snuck off to a secret interview in Harvard Square. I felt so secretive and like I was playing hooky from school. And then I bought myself a fancy pants new dress from Anthropologie for Nate's wedding in 2 weeks... but mostly because I am thin now bitches. I must look wonderful because, well just because.

Miss my friends and family a lot. Will update you all on our adventures and what happened whilst we were away. It was a drama getting there, and then such much happened when we were there. Honestly, madness. People died, marriages broke down (not mine!) all in such a short time. My Dad got all teary eyed when we left. It made me feel horrible. I wish the Atlantic was a few thousand miles narrower.

We missed the EPIC 20" worth of snow, but it is still about, all piled up as snowy dirty ice by the side of the roads. Everything else is sorta that stained white from the salt and cold. Isn't that wierd how that happens? I swear concrete sort of get bleached. I should tell you all about the sweets and chocolate and Peppa Pig stuff we brought back.

I would, but I am too tired. So I'll do that another time. I've been going to bed early which is UNHEARD OF for me. We are talking half 9 pm... (I am a total night owl too) and it is almost 9pm and I could quite happily curl up on the couch. So instead I will leave you with a lovely picture of me and Patrick in Ely, doing some touristy things briefly whilst my Dad taught Adelaide to say silly things in the car.



AND this is Adelaide sporting some Mr Potato Head pieces. She doesn't say Mrs Potato head, she says Mr Taytoetot (tater tot) in an English accent.



2 comments:

kirsty said...

she looks so dashing with that red moustashio! and you guys look cute too!

can't wait to hear all the details about your trip + of course about peppa *snort snort*
x

Fawn and Flower said...

She is so photogenic. What a clever girl too with her little mustache!

Don't go throwing the word bump around!