My favourite room in my house (well apartment/flat) is my living room/kitchen. It's kind of an everything room and holds a lot of our crap. I am going to cheat on this photo because I've posted a bunch of pictures of my apartment since we moved here, and I don't want to bore you all, so I lame out sorry.
We went to a rehearsal diner tonight. I was a little nervous initially. You know when you go to a party and you only know the birthday girl/boy? It was like that. The bridal party was 50 odd people! This is going to be a busy wedding tomorrow. The dinner was nice, and we ducked out when people started leaving. I just ironed Patrick's shirt and had a little clean. Our Rochester and Albany friends are coming out tomorrow and staying with us after the wedding. I can't wait!
Instead of the picture I am supposed to give you, here is Adelaide in said room, doing some painting. I kept trying to take a picture and she went "No MummyAddiebusypainting!" and told me off. Then she realised she could paint on her hands and it all went a bit purple and brown from there. I said "what are you doing pumpkin?" and she said "painting brown rainbows!" Well yes, technically you are. I daren't do this again for a while... I keep seeing splatters of paint on the walls or cabinets. Thank baby jeebz for washable kids non-toxic paint!
Oh yes, we are the other side of a snow emergency, and whilst working from home (AKA "getting into reply to all email debates with the entire Boston staff about the ethics of working from home because some of the people I work with are complete children and are total jobsworths") I tried out my new boots big time. Addie is with her Nana and Pep-Pep for the night and we went up to NH. Got to their house and after Sam (Patrick's Dad went to work) the blizzard hit and they got some MORE snow and hadn't ploughed/shovelled. We got in the drive and Patrick got out eventually but yours truly shovelled the drive. SHOVELLED THE LONG DRIVEWAY IN HER NEW BOOTS. For the first time in forever my feet were toasty and boy did I get a good work out. The effin' plough came past as I did the entrance on the road and covered up the drive opening again. Turds. But I did it, and the deck and path. Go me! I shall be sore in the morning though.
Anyway, I should go to bed now, I can have a lie in as Addie isn't here! Wee! I am going to turn off Commando and finish my tea and go to bed. And just so you know, Commando is my favourite Arnie movie. And if you don't agree then you can just um, put up with it!
Bah. I should have gone to bed when I had the chance. I can hear snoring already...








2 comments:
Can you imagine if she and P could play together? I wonder what they destroy first.
we might see in September if you keep your diary free ;)
Post a Comment