Not strictly a Martin Luther King title, but it is the best you are going to get.
How was all your weekends?
We went to New Hampshire to see the in-laws and finally have a Christmas there! We went up on Saturday and put Addie down for a nap, and then went out for Mexican food with some of our friends! We saw Shellie, Adam and Kristina and Jake. We bought Jake a big box of UK Cadbury's Cream Eggs as he loves them AND AMERICAN VERSIONS OF THESE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
We ate a lot of tortilla chips and then I had grilled chicken tacos. Are they tacos? The open flour ones? I don't know. I always forget what I order and it is the same thing every single time, but I still do it.
Very stuffed, we went home. Patrick hung out with his Dad and I went to the store with Rusty. I bought a pair of lilac Converse low tops for $10. THANK YOU MARSHALLS I LOVE YOU. Yes I know the weather isn't Converse friendly now, but it will be eventually, and I do love trainers/sneakers. Addie also got a wooden train and a little Dr Seuss board book.
We had tilapia for dinner and some veggies and a jacket potato. And pastries we had bought with us. I was still full from lunch, but continued to eat anyway. WHY AM I DOING THAT AGAIN?
We all went to bed full of food and then got up and opened presents and stockings. Adelaide made out like a bandit. Patrick's mum had made a huge dress up kit with funny and random hats from places like TJ/TK (which ever one is the American one) Maxx and Marshalls, and also some slippers, boots and shoes from Target and some fairy wands and plastic tiaras in duplicates so her friends can use one too, and also she made a little wizard costume with a glo stick wand. It was hilarious. Rusty had wrapped each item in tissue and after about 30 mins Addie had sensory overload and just went in the kitchen and started sobbing, but overall she loved it. We went out for lunch (well a late breakfast) and Addie had a beeline for it on the way back which I know made Rusty's day.
Patrick and I got some cool bits and some money and giftcards, which means our next tattoo appointments in March are all paid off. Awesome work. We were also given a bathroom scale. Oh noes! I can't avoid it anymore! I know I've put on a bunch of weight from Christmas, even though my thinner clothes fit me, I know they are a little snug... eeek. Damn you English food. I must be good now with the cereal again...
Because...
Patrick and I have decided to have a wedding finally!
I have guestimated (an educated and carefully worked out guess I might add, I'm smaaarht) our taxes for 2010 and we should do pretty well in terms of a refund, partly because we both deliberately overpay on our Federal returns with each paycheck, but this will help with a nice refund should help put us in a better position for the future.
We are aiming for the middle of Sept, because our wedding anniversary is then, and the weather should be nice still in NH (we're going to do it in Patrick's parents lovely green garden). I envisage it being a nice relaxed garden party/picnic/VE day celebration type thing, with lots of bunting, to help with the very DIY-ness of it all. I'd like to wear a nice gingham dress, which is easily done, probably with some Chucks HAHAHA!
We all went to bed full of food and then got up and opened presents and stockings. Adelaide made out like a bandit. Patrick's mum had made a huge dress up kit with funny and random hats from places like TJ/TK (which ever one is the American one) Maxx and Marshalls, and also some slippers, boots and shoes from Target and some fairy wands and plastic tiaras in duplicates so her friends can use one too, and also she made a little wizard costume with a glo stick wand. It was hilarious. Rusty had wrapped each item in tissue and after about 30 mins Addie had sensory overload and just went in the kitchen and started sobbing, but overall she loved it. We went out for lunch (well a late breakfast) and Addie had a beeline for it on the way back which I know made Rusty's day.
Patrick and I got some cool bits and some money and giftcards, which means our next tattoo appointments in March are all paid off. Awesome work. We were also given a bathroom scale. Oh noes! I can't avoid it anymore! I know I've put on a bunch of weight from Christmas, even though my thinner clothes fit me, I know they are a little snug... eeek. Damn you English food. I must be good now with the cereal again...
Because...
Patrick and I have decided to have a wedding finally!
I have guestimated (an educated and carefully worked out guess I might add, I'm smaaarht) our taxes for 2010 and we should do pretty well in terms of a refund, partly because we both deliberately overpay on our Federal returns with each paycheck, but this will help with a nice refund should help put us in a better position for the future.
We are aiming for the middle of Sept, because our wedding anniversary is then, and the weather should be nice still in NH (we're going to do it in Patrick's parents lovely green garden). I envisage it being a nice relaxed garden party/picnic/VE day celebration type thing, with lots of bunting, to help with the very DIY-ness of it all. I'd like to wear a nice gingham dress, which is easily done, probably with some Chucks HAHAHA!








2 comments:
Oh and congrats! yay wedding :)
got too excited then to remember to be polite!
!!! That is SO exciting!!!!
Post a Comment