Thursday, 28 April 2011

I am annoyed

I made a stupid clerical error with my internet banking and it cost me $90. I managed to claw back $30 of it, thanks to a gesture of good will by my bank. Basically I used their bill payer thing, and changed the dates to match my work pay schedule, but then something messed up and one of the payments for day care went through. For the daycare payments, the cheques go to Jeanine our day carer on the day they are due, and my bank move the funds over to a corporate account from my account, and the cheque Jeanine gets comes from the corporate account. It basically means that I am debited straight away and I don't have to worry about the recipient taking their sweet time and it is all automated and they get their check on the day they are due to be paid, with no problems with the post.

So yeah, the money wasn't there because I thought I moved all of them, but apparently not. So Monday, I notice that my account was debited $30 for the fee. I phone up, try and figure it all out. The $30 gets refunded. I speak with Jeanine, she still has the check and thought it weird it came early and was going to give it back that day anyway. Love Jeanine. Unfortunately this did not fix it. The corporate account is all automated and they try and take it up to 4 times! 4 times! And if it doesn't go through, they do scary shit and forward you to collections or something... I don't need that! I phoned again tonight as I saw they had tried to take it again. This time the bank couldn't refund the charge. Poopy. I was supposed to pay Jeanine on Monday and I was initially worried that I would have two payments out in the void, like if I cancelled the later but the first went through and totally confused myself. What the heck was going on with these automated things? Argh!

I figured that seeing as I am supposed to be paid on the 30th (so really this Friday, 29th) I should just take the $425 for Jeanine's cheque and put it from the joint account (which comes from the rent money I allocated from my last pay check, which I do every pay check) and I'll just have to take that money from my pay to top that up, with the new rent amount, because I would have paid Jeanine that money on Monday anyways. So now I just have to wait that for them to try and take the money again, hopefully tomorrow. Sods law the bank will just give up (because they try UPTO 4 times, there is no guarantee they will!) and I'll be dropped into collections. Which I would go mental at. But seriously, why did I not just move that money over when they told me there was no way they could stop the payment? Why didn't I do that in the first place? What is wrong with me?

I am so annoyed that I fucked that up in the first place. I know we all make mistakes... but I hate it when mistakes cost YOU money. Argh.

I think it is cos I am a little stressed out about my stupid Uk account. I have to start picking up momentum on paying back my overdraft there, and I am using that XOOM service, but the US dollar sucks with the UK pound so its going to take me ages. And I don't have that much disposable income as it is. URGH. Well, actually I don't have any really.

URGH. Urgh I say! Urgh and thrice times urgh!

And now this wedding of ours! It appears that almost half of the guests are people I don't KNOW and of the people that I invited from home, I could count on my LEFT HAND. LEFT HAND. Why are Patrick and I paying for a bunch of other people I don't know or care about to see us have a pretend wedding and drink all the drink and eat all the food we bought! It is my special day damn it! Ragh!


End rant. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow perhaps. I keep meaning to post about out trip to the Science Museum, which was actually a really fun day out and Adelaide had a great time but even that cost us $50 for the trip and we have free admission from a friend! Rip!

1 comment:

Sam said...

money is so friggin' stressful :(

I think I need to sell a kidney or something.....