Monday, 27 June 2011

Forgive me father, I have sinned. It has been a lot of days since my last update

Slackerrrrrrr I know!

Almost 2 weeks have passed and I can't think what I have been getting up to. I am getting over a monster cold, and am currently really full of snot and feeling rather chesty.

Today we went to this Phantom Gourmet BBQ thing in City Plaza and ate a bunch of food. So good. We also took Addie on a Ferris Wheel for the first time ever! She didn't nap all day and almost had a total melt down. She was fine once we started moving but got really fed up and was freaking out when we were just sitting there MID AIR (as they got more people on) and tried to take her belt off. She bit me twice on the boob, but was otherwise okay. Got into it though and was waving her arms around and stuff. It was wicked hot as well so she was at the end of her rope by the time we got home. We put her down for a late catch up nap, got her up, fed her, bathed her and generally listened to her whine and cry for a bit before we just put her into bed again.

Father's Day was good, we let Patrick lie in, got him a nice game for his X-Box 360 (which he swapped out this week for another one that he is playing right now with Steve) and made him pancakes. He did what he likes to do, play games and relaxed, most of the day, and I took Addie to Target and we had a girlie trip, just the two of us. She had her own basket and honestly was quite frustrating at times. You should have seen the stuff she bought though. Total magpie. Anything glittery, or shiney, or pink she grabbed. Also, a giant pink piƱata (if that is spelled right) that was shaped like a tiara but she thought it was an arm chair haha!

Work is going well, although our daycare provider is off for 2 weeks so Patrick and I are swapping out days to work from home. Then next Monday is 4th July!! Wooo! American stuff etc!

Then later in the week we are heading out to Rochester for a long weekend with our friends in New York! Wooo! That is easily a 6/7 hour car ride driving. So that will be fun for Addie. Better charge up her Netbook for the ride with Peppa Pig and such like. But I'll be getting some work on my arm finally after what felt like forever! I can't wait. I cannot wait. It stressed me out so much.

Oh! What else happened? Umm.... potty training got better and then got worse and has recently got better again. Finally we are going to try and STICK at it. These two weeks at home should make a huge difference as well. Hopefully we can get the bulk of it done.

We had Dominos Pizza for dinner after I got pulled into the "We don't suck any more, I promise" adverts... but no, they still suck. Sorry Dominos. Still generic bland old pizza. But the order online and the tracking thing was fun.

Had another dental appointment! Last Monday I spent almost 4 hours at the dentist. I had 2 inlays done. The process itself was not at all painful, although I needed more injectiony stuff because my teeth were a bit sensitive, and although I was run down and sick with that mega cold) it was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Even the injections didn't bother me. My dentist is wicked nice though. I like them, even though I am a lot poorer now, and will be for a while. BUT I HAVE MUCH NICER TEETH NOW! And just one little metal filling to change over.

Been eating out a lot at work. No wonder I am always poor or feeling crappy ooops!

I'll be back this week I promise with some letter posts (think I am up to E now maybe or D? I should check), and lots of pictures of Addie on the wheel and from our trips to NH. Also, of this amazing print that Patrick bought me, of a screen printed Star Wars storm trooper... but right now I am racing to finish this post before my batter runs out, which it will do very shortly. Need a new laptop as this one is avalanching down into antiquity and taking forever to load up, open applications and the battery lasts no time at all. But I've had it almost 5 years and it's been around the world a bunch and in the bath and is still with me. Not bad really, but I have my eye on another Mac, probably a Pro as the Air's are too little and light for my cumbersome ways, and I do have a toddler after all.


2 comments:

Fawn and Flower said...

Awww bless little Addie, good girl! P has been doing really well w/ potty training too. Which is a relief as I was beginning to think she would be 13 and wearing diapers.

Dominos is complete shit. Although I do want pizza now...

Sam said...

Can't wait to see the ferris wheel pictures! cute!

Dominos here, is awesome! I wonder whats different across the pond? x