Sunday, 24 July 2011

Busy busy weekend!

Patrick, Addie and I went up to the Live Free or Die Tattoo 'Expo' on Saturday. We met up with out friends from Hobo's and I got some 'sweet new ink BRAH'. I had arranged the appointment before hand, showing Jason the space and basically saying I'd wanted a hammerhead shark. I trust Jason and I love his style so I was happy to let him go to town. He did not disappoint!


What a lovely gift from my husband (who foot the bill!)

A rose with a hammerhead shark coming out of it? Um... yes please! It is so badass. And it fills this really awkward spot on my leg that I had created. You'll see it looks really empty above it, that is because after my last tattoo appointment in that area, I think I might just leave it until I have no other option. Knee area tattoos are fucking awful. Boo.

Also, I haven't been to MANY conventions, only London and Boston and now this... but I would like to say that the people watching in Manchester NH yesterday was amazing. People had obviously gone out and made of point of getting 'dressed up' but the majority of them looked like they'd wandered off of a special needs bus, and cut a hole in their shirts to show off their 'narly' dream catcher tattoos (circa 1990) or their wicked SICK tribals. Don't get me wrong, I am not a tattoo snob, but I can fucking dress myself. I don't understand why girls want to dress like hookers either at these things. I get it, it is hot this time of year but your legs look like raw sausages trapped in a door. GROSS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU A WEENY TATTOO ON YOUR HIP/THIGH/BUTT. I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT.

Needless to say I felt 150 times more smart and better looking than normal within 10 minutes of being there. In case you are all wondering what I wore, I wore a modest length skirt, swing tyle below the knee (my standard "I'm being tattooed and this is easiest" skirt) and a t-shirt and no one got an eyeful of my goods!

Little to no wedding planning got done this weekend either. Fucking typical. If we haven't killed other people or called off the whole thing by then, September will be amazing. The general idea and feel we are going for is awesome. I am going to say that am extremely disappointed in some of my friends from home. None of them read this (that I am talking about) so I don't mind mentioning it. I would rather, like most people, they had just said from the outset they couldn't come, rather than leaving it until almost a month before and then moan about money. I get that money is a huge factor. It is for everyone but don't feel like you have to string me along as you don't want to upset my feelings. If you can't come, don't come, I don't mind. I didn't expect a big turn out from my friends, even the ones I have done a lot for over the years, but I am still not pissed or disappointed. I expected their flakey-ness... I just wanted them to know I was thinking of them and it would mean a lot for them to be there on my 'special' day and to have fun and party it up with us. Don't get me wrong, I wrote off a lot of my friends when I moved, because you really find out who your friends are when move very far away. Also, if you are that important to me, and I made it quite clear you are in the bridal party 7 months ago, if you can't come, or are in a dilemma about coming, do the decent thing and just make your decision and stick to it. I am stressed enough already with stupid tent and table piece discussions with my mother in law to not have to try and pre-empt your presence or not. Your indecisiveness has a huge knock on effect!!

Ragh.

Rant over.

Also! We are getting a cat! The cat we wanted is not available, he got snapped up the day before our application got approved. Our landlady needed to consent first (luckily she did as she is lovely!)

We are looking at cats in our area, but I would like to stick with the original shelter we saw the first cat that we liked, as they are super nice, if possible. No kittens though please. Kittens are spazzes. And we aren't home all day and there are too many cats that need a good home to take a kitten that will be picked up easily by a host of people. We want a 2-3 max year old cat (so Addie is less likely to have to deal with a pet dying on her when she is so young) and that is already toilet trained, had it shots, spayed etc. I am looking for a furry baby for companionship for us and a little bit of responsibility and friendship for Addie.

6 comments:

Sam said...

sick tat blud! brraaaaaaaaaap!

i'm sorry you've been let down so much with the wedding. I bet it'll be awesome, no matter who shows! :)

yay, can't wait to see the pictures when you get your new kitty x

Chrissy said...

rant on, sister! all you want.

and i love your thoughts on adoption. rescue kitties are so appreciative.

xoxo
http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

Alex said...

Thanks Sam! I emailed you the two cats that are on my I WANT TO TAKE THEM HOME THIS INSTANCE list.

Thanks Chrissy! xx

Anonymous said...

Awesome tattoo, so pretty :)

Amy Georgina said...

I think I'm a bit behind - you're having a wedding?! Like a proper one? That's great! Congrats guys, I bet it'll be flippin awesome because I wouldn't expect anything less from you guys!!

I don't like cats so I'll skim over that part....

nova said...

HAHAHA the holes in the clothes at conventions! It's so true!!