Monday, 26 December 2011

Because all the cool girls are doing it

1. What time did you get up this morning?
About 8ish. We are off this week, and Addie gave us a little lie in.

2. How do you like your steak?
Don't eat red meat.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Immortals, a few days before my trip into the ER. It was okay, a bit of a sword/sandal epic and very homoerotic but visually looked nice.

4. What is your favourite TV show?
I like a bunch of shows: Community, Big Bang Theory (which is awkward as when they typically show new ones they are both usually on at the same time) and 30 Rock.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Hmmmm. I'm not sure really. That is kind of a loaded question if you've travelled a bit or would want to go to a bunch of places. I mean, I miss my friends and family but I don't think I'd want to live in the UK again. Maybe if we owned/had a nice house around here I'd be more inclined to say "here" but I don't know. Ask me again another time.

6. What did you have for breakfast?
Brown toast with butter, raspberry jam and then some more butter. Try it, it is amazing. And tea. And then Lindt truffles.

7. What is your favorite cuisine?
Such a hard one. I like good chicken fried rice for Chinese, a good ham/pineapple pizza for Pizza, Peanut chicken Satay for Thai (or anywhere else that does it) and I really like a good masala curry. I like fish and chips, English stylee too. I just like food full stop really. And sweets and deserts.

8. What foods do you dislike?
Oh, despite what i put above, I'm a really fussy eater. I don't like/eat cheese or dairy stuff, and I don't eat red meat. Salads and vinaigrettes and stuff like that. I could be here all day narrowing my food choices down, but I won't. If something has vinegar in it, and I know it, good luck in getting me to eat it. BBQ for the most part is a grey area. I will make certain exceptions, but it is hard to explain.

9. Favorite Place to Eat?
Bodean's in London is awesome. India Palace for good Indian Food up in New Hampshire... or Kebob (or is it Kebab, I forget which) for more good Indian. Lemongrass in Lexington for good Thai and also Lilac Blossom for good Chinese in Nashua. There are loads of places in Boston I am yet to try... om nom nom. Saus do these awesome Belgian style french fries and poutine! I like a good white girl burrito as well (don't ask).

10. Favorite dressing?
None thanks. It is all gross. Although I do like wearing clothes, thanks for asking.

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Patrick has a VW 2008 Jetta, which I guess is also technically mine and I drive occasionally. A nice car that has treated us well, although thankfully Patrick is a car manly man, and fixes it and does stuff like that. I think in the next year we are looking to trade it in though.

12. What are your favorite clothes?
I blur that line between PJs and sweats. Not for going out though. Otherwise I am 200% Jeans/Shirt/Cardigan lady.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Holy crap, I'll be here all day. I want to go back to Iceland so badly and in the US, to the West Coast and to Hawaii, but I'd really like to go to Canada (it isn't that far away!) and ALL over the US states, even though Patrick says a lot of it is rubbish I just want to see it for myself, the Caribbean and Cuba and, well, everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Half full.

15. Where would you want to retire?
Somewhere not freakingly cold half of the year. I suspect Patrick and I will turn into snow birds as we get older and migrate south and then come back again in the warmer months, if we are still on the East Coast haha.

16. Favorite time of day?
Food time or sleep time.

17. Where were you born?
Harlow Hospital, Essex, UK.

18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
No thanks. Although watching hockey play-offs was super fun when the Bruins did well and Pat and I could heckle with Steve.

19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
I'm not tagging anyone?

20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
See above.

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
No one. The two people I would actually read already did this.

22. Bird watcher?
Nope.

23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I'm a both person if I gotta get shit done.

24. Do you have any pets?
Stanley the cat.

25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
I'm going to have a shower after I do this.

26. What did you want to be when you were little?
A translator and a fashion designer.

27. What is your best childhood memory?
I don't know. Sorry.

29. Are you married?
Yes, to my husband. Duh.

30. Always wear your seat belt?
Yes. You're an idiot if you don't. Thankfully in Mass it is the law, in NH however, it is not. LIVE FREE OR DIIIIIIIIIIIIE quite literally.

31. Been in a car accident?
Yes. Someone was not wearing their seatbelt and they died, back in Feb earlier this year. Although we were technically not IN the accident, but their accident nearly killed us.

32. Any pet peeves?
Yes, too many to list.

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Ham and pineapple always.


34. Favorite Flower?
Not really, it is always nice to get flowers though.

35. Favorite ice cream?
I don't really like a lot of ice cream. It is too rich for me and dairy has typically been a pain for me to digest. Although I do like the Ben and Jerry's Boston Cream Pie one, it has swirls of custard in it! And cake!

36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
I think our family favourite is Chipotle. Which I used to think was something really fancy when I first came to America. How wrong was I. Deliciously wrong.

37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
Once before I passed the second time in the UK when I was a teenager. Although I passed the American one first time. So I doing okay on that front.

38. From whom did you get your last email?
Victoria's Secrets. I just bought over $100 of stuff in their bi-annual sale. I instantly panicked and phoned to cancel it, but they could not do it, as it had already processed. Oops.

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Target I think. IT IS AMAZING. You can get it all there! Wow, I sound a bit lame, but I do love Target.

40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Eat and spend money. But I guess if you do that a lot, it isn't spontaneous is it.

41. Like your job?
Love it!

42. Broccoli?
Yes!

43. What was your favorite vacation?
Iceland first visit, and San Francisco, where I met Patrick!

44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
Patrick! We had a date night the Friday week before Christmas!

45. What are you listening to right now?
Patrick playing MW3.

46. What is your favorite color?
I like lots of colours. I'm more a pattern person than a color, or naval reds and whites possibly.

47. How many tattoos do you have?
None, because tattoos are for criminals and whores. I'm joking of course because we all know I have lots of them and are not a criminal or a whore.

48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
No one.

49. Coffee Drinker?
No. gross.

50. Are you in love?
I married him didn't I?!

No comments: