Hi everyone! Here I am! Sooooo busy with my new job, which I LOVE! As I type, Patrick is putting up shelves. Much needed shelves. We have our decorations up. They might not look like much, but we have such limited room... here is a picture of our tree and some of our lights.
I took it real quick with my laptop, so its a bit blurry but you get the gist. I took about 4 pictures and patrick first photo bombed me, and then started posing. After about 3 shots he asked "Wait... where are these going?" and then got all bashful, but finally posed for this one!
Who is looking forward to Christmas? I never really used to be excited about Christmas, or when I did, I got excited at the last minute. This year I feel is different. We have our own place (well rented anyway) and we are doing Christmas here, in our own apartment, not driving to NH, can sleep in our own beds, have a meal just the three of us and just relax. Also, I haven't felt sick like I used to get with my gall bladder... so I can eat a nice roast dinner and really enjoy it.
The night before Christmas Eve we are going back up to Patrick's parents, for what they call Christmas Eve Eve, and there are some of their family friends there too, and we eat a meal and they, or whoever wants to take part, exchange ornaments. We will maybe stay over or maybe drive home, it depends on the weather (which is freezing cold I might add, but no snow yet... weird for New England this time of year but I should not complain. It will come soon.... SOOON and I will be moaning and very cold) and then on the day after Christmas (as I know it, Boxing Day) Patrick's parents will be coming down to see us in Somerville to exchange presents. Patrick's parents will see his sister on Christmas Day.
We are super excited for Christmas. Adelaide has and will make out like a bandit. She has a big dolls house (bargain from Toys'r'Us) and some Disney Princess dolls, a Monster High doll... a big LaLaLoopsy, with some wiggly hair (bargain deal from Amazon) and her stocking fillers are basically whatever Hello Kitty stuff was $1 at Target and a mini LaLaLoopsy and a My Little Pony figure. I think she will get more of the same from Patrick's folks.
They have taken Addie the last 2 Friday afternoon/early evenings. Last week they took her to the Science Museum and they had a rad time, eating Dipin' Dots and some educational fun. Last night they had the plan to take her to an early showing of the Muppets, but they they never made it as she was too tired. So they just played and had fun at their house. They kept her over night, so we stayed late at work, and then went down to the every-Friday-social-thing for a bit, and then went out for Thai food in Lexington! Sans child! Was delicious and lovely! I ate a lot and wasn't ill either, which is a novelty I'll never get used too... and then we did some FINAL Christmas shopping and then went home, calling it a night. I bought myself an awesome Hello Kitty sweater from Old Navy as well, as a treat. I am trying to find it on the Old Navy website to link to, but their search function sucks. I just typed in Hello Kitty and it only gave me one thing, and then simply said, "this is the most relevant search result for hello kitty". Ummm what? You sell HUNDREDS of Hello Kitty things and you return with a drinking bottle?! Crap Old Navy. You are crap.
Anyway, we are DONE for presents. DONE! I am just waiting for one thing to arrive at work, for Patrick, and we are all good.
I am going to focus on Community now, which is singlehandedly one of my all time favorite shows, and we ended up getting behind on it, made worse by the fact that they fuck up the schedule for it and now it is on break until, well, whenever they want to bring it back. That at Pan Am. Why do all my favorite shows get messed around?! I never know. Perfect Couples was just axed and disappeared completely. Ahh! This is a great one! They are ripping the piss our of Glee! Which I hate! With a passion!
Until next time kiddos!!









1 comment:
Christmas Eve Eve?!?! Pffft, it's called "MY BIRTHDAAAYYYY!" I'll have you know ;)
We're doing Christmas at ours this year too :) Usually I'd stay at my mum's Christmas Eve, but we're gonna have breakfast and presents at our house, then go for lunch with my mum.
I love Christmas :)
Post a Comment