As per our usual tradition, Patrick and I went off to our friends' shop in Portmouth, NH and joined in their Friday 13th special, and got tattooed. I got two little bits to fill out the spots on my legs; a fly and a broken diamond on my right leg. Thursday night, Noble was in Cambridge so Patrick kindly made us appointments and we got a little piece by him too. Patrick got an all seeing eye above his knee, and I got a feminine looking switch blade on my left leg, near my ankle. Pictures to follow of all once they are healed. I am going to start making more appointments to fill in spots on my legs through the year. I've been putting it off so much but really I have to get my knees done. Patrick is right saying I should just suck it up, and there is a little spot just below them, so I can incorporate that on each one. I'd definitely like Ron Henry Wells to do one of his awesome folky birds or something... maybe make it like a cardinal for some New England represent haha!
Also! We finally filed my Removal of Conditions documentation with the USCIS on Friday in Portsmouth, and it was delivered already in Vermont! Maybe they'll cash the checks after MLK day tomorrow and I'll get a receipt and my new green card will come super quick. Who knows.
I am also really anxious about TAX TIME! I love doing our taxes and I HATE waiting for the various people to send out our W2s and such like. I will need 3 this year as I've changed jobs right at the start of the year, and then again in November when I started at VP. I know we are going to OWE the IRS this year, I just know it, but I think at least we SHOULD get some back from Mass state. We redid our W4 worksheets correctly and both put some extra withholding though for 2012, so hopefully if we do owe it shouldn't affect us TOO much. When I started at VP I did fill in my W4 but it didn't look like they added in my number so I was having a huge amount taken out at first, so I don't think I'll notice much difference.
Addie is ALMOST at potty trained. So exciting to not be spending so much on diapers now, but we have spent a few times on the side of Rte. 93 in rush hour traffic in freezing traffic, lifting her up and sheltering her from the wind on the passenger side between the doors. She also wee'd on my foot one of the days.
Not much else to report right now, other than I need a hair cut SO badly. Mullet central right here. I also bought my lovely best friend Nikki a bottle of Marshmellow vodka although it might have to live with me until she comes to visit. Not sure the rules about sending booze in the post...
Sunday, 15 January 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
tattoo photos please!
Urgh, I'd hate to have to do my taxes. Sounds so friggin' stressful!
Post a Comment