Monday, 30 April 2012

Definitely Spring in the air!

What a lovely weekend!  Granted, I was at work yesterday for the afternoon, but it was kinda fun as no one was there, and I could play music really loudly and could shout penis all I want!  The weather is really starting to improve, and when I say that, I mean you know, not just a freak hot week and then balls to the wall cold.  No, spring is definitely here, and we had some rain but it has just helped everything pop nicely.  New England really is beautiful, and Spring is another example.  Not that my picture shows it all at (taken from the car at speed!) but on the drive out to Hubbardston today the trees were showing all their wonderful colours that they do in Fall: pinks, oranges, reds, yellows, greens.  So nice.  A little more softer and grayed with the dead foliage and branches still waking up from the winter though.  Note, I say The Fall, and a lot of my UK friends always say "look at you, using American language, what is wrong with Autumn" and teasing me about other American words I've adopted (store instead of supermarket and so forth) however I really believe that what happens here, in Autumn is amazingly beautiful and goes beyond the normal limits of what people are used to seeing when the season changes.  The Fall.  Amazing and if you are like me, once you've seen it yourself,  you'll say the same thing!


We finally booked flights to go home and visit my Dad and see my friends and old stomping grounds!  Can't wait!  We go after a BIG DEAL conference at work, which I HAVE to attend and help out at, on June 28th, returning on Friday 5th July.  Only a week, but it is better than nothing, and really it is for the best as time off is limited and we need to save for our mortgage fund!  We'll be back home with the weekend here to relax and catch up on before we go back to work on the Monday, which I think is awesome planning on my part.  We have July 4th off, so we really only use like 5 days holiday and get like 10 days off.  Rad.  Our flight leaves late in the day, and I had suggested going straight from work the night before, to make the most of time off, so instead we have a day at home, with Addie at school (haha) to rest and pack (and I'll be cleaning) but maybe I was thinking we cold go see a movie or something?  Patrick got sick the last two times he came to the UK (the flight was hard on him and I think it was so rush rush rush and then the tiredness got him) so I think more than anything he doesn't want to repeat that pattern.

I'm going to catch up with a lot of special people!  Meet babies I have not seen yet, and one of my bestest friends ever, Ria, will be 8 1/2 months pregnant herself!  I can't wait!  I feel like I have missed out on so much stuff from back home.  My Dad will be celebrating his birthday and it will be 20 years that my mum died, so we are going to have a party and I can invite a bunch of people.  And I'll get to see my Dad's cats!  I can't believe he went from no cats, to one cat, to no cats to 3 cats!  He was never a cat person!  Bless.  My brother is obviously very convincing!

I have made an awesome new work buddy, her name is Katherine.  We basically say really stupid things to each other and mess around and she is great.  How we got onto the subject is a LONG story (but funny if you are us) but we had a game where were changing the name of movies to sound like poop... but they weren't stretched out and they had to at least SOUND like the movie title.  You couldn't just say "There's something about Mary's poop".  Great examples were: "We Bought a Poo", "Shitter Island", Charlie's Anals" and "Fecal Attraction".  We had 100 of them after about 3 days.  We are now tagging each other in posts on Facebook, to try and combat the inane tagging posts that people put up.  We get it.  You went out to dinner with someone again.  Great, you're at the supermarket.  NO ONE CARES.  I DON'T CARE.  I don't know why Facebook seems to think that I or anyone else wants to know.  Nor does anyone want to know what I am doing at any given second.  I had really complicated privacy settings on my page and now, it changed, and defaulted to basically let anyone see all my junk and whatever I posted, and I changed it again, but it seems to keep changing back again, so every so often I have to back and make sure it all is private.  LAME.

We moved our living room around!  Yay!  It looks nice, but Stanley is moulding right now, so I am finding wafts of fine fur attached to stuff in places I would never normally have to clean and the apartment somehow seems dustier even after I cleaned.  How is that possible?

Not sure what else is going on to tell you.  Ummmmmmmm.  I'll think of something.

No comments: